Welcome to Day 9 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking!
Today I’ll continue with the photographs from the Donut Trail.
We ended up at a cute little park with several statues. Here are some photographs of those statues.
I won’t be sharing photographs from the Donut Trail tomorrow because it will be time for my Secret Recipe reveal. On Tuesday, I’ll end the trail with a visit to a farm. The farm was located next to the last donut shop we stopped at before realizing we needed to complete the trail on another Saturday.
Here is our menu for this week.
Roast, Roasted Potatoes,Baked Apples in the Slow Cooker
Chicken Corn Soup (Day 2)
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions in the slow cooker over rice (I’ve got sundried tomato sausage.)
One of my freezer meals
I made this recipe the night before the Celebration of Life for Tanya. My family from Pittsburgh came into town and my aunt from New York was also visiting. Since it was a Saturday night in a town with a college and a military base, I figured going out to dinner would be a bigger ordeal than hosting dinner. I made a pot of this soup instead.
When I put this in the crockpot, Hubby wanted okra in the soup and mom wanted cabbage. I ended up with okra in the soup. I made rice on the side for him.
We put potatoes in the soup. Some of them cooked up while the rest did not. If you were going to put potatoes in the soup, I would parboil them in the microwave for a few minutes before putting them in the soup.
Veggie Beef Soup
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. stewing beef
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (40 oz) box of beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place stewing beef in the crock.
- Pour the tomatoes and frozen mixed veggies over the meat.
- Pour the beef broth over the meat and veggies.
- Sprinkle the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce over the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Enjoy with biscuits or crackers.