Welcome to Day 18 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking.
This a bittersweet dinner recipe for me. I cooked it for the second time on the day my sister passed away. I got the call from my mom when I was about to sit down with my family to enjoy the dinner I prepared.
I attempted to eat some of the meal but was so worked up that I could not enjoy it what so ever.
The rest of my family enjoyed the flavor of the pork. The balsamic vinegar lends a bit of sweetness to the pork but is not overpowering.
Balsamic Pork Roast
Stars of the Recipe:
- 2 lb. pork roast
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ⅓ c. chicken or vegetable broth
- ⅓ c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Season pork roast with salt and garlic powder.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix together broth, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and honey.
- Pour the mixture over the pork roast.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 4 to 6 hours.