Welcome to Day 5 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking!
Yesterday I was talking another co-worker about my first year of teaching. Somehow one of the other special education teachers got permission for the students on my caseload to go on their swimming field trips and community field trips. That’s never happened since that first year.
One of my favorite of the field trips was the one where we went swimming, Cub Foods, McDonald’s, and then to see Emperor’s New Groove. I don’t know how we got by with that kind of field trip. We certainly could not do that now.
When we were at Cub Foods, we were suppose to be given a tour of the grocery store. That didn’t happen so we divided the students into groups and walked them around ourselves. I was not familiar with the layout of the store and ended up taking my group of students down the alcohol aisle. To be honest it was drinks with a small section of alcohol in the middle of the aisle. One of the students piped up “My dad drinks that stuff.” At that point I walked even quicker down the aisle.
On that day I was mortified but now I can laugh about it 16 years later.
The coca cola barbecue ranch chicken wraps would make a good lunch or a quick supper on those busy school nights.
To shred the chicken, put in a mixing bowl. Either use your stand mixer if you have one or a hand held mixer for a quick and easy way to shred the chicken. If you don’t have either of those two, use two forks to shred the chicken.
Coca Cola Barbecue Ranch Chicken Wraps
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1 c. (8 oz.) of Coke or Cola
- Ranch dressing for serving
- Shredded Cheddar cheese for serving
- Tortillas for serving
- Cook the chicken breasts in the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Mix together the barbecue sauce and Coke.
- Drain the chicken juices from the slow cooker.
- Add the barbecue sauce and Coke mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken. Stir to make sure the chicken is coated with the barbecue mixture.
- When serving: Top the tortilla with chicken, ranch, and cheddar cheese.