If I don’t have a plan of what I am going to eat during the week, then I feel out of sync.
There are some weeks that I know that all I’m going to be able to eat is snacky types of foods. Foods that I can eat while working at my desk or even sometimes between students.
Here’s one idea for a snacky type snack box. I call it my Hard Boiled Egg version.
I’m a vegetarian but not a vegan. I still eat dairy and eggs.
What You’ll Need for these Snack Boxes:
- Hard boiled egg(s) – Store bought or make at home – Instant Pot or oven method
- Hummus – Homemade or Store bought
- Your favorite snacking veggie – sliced cucumber, snap peas, carrot sticks, celery sticks
- Slices of cheese
- Mini Croissants, crackers, or some other carb
- A container to put the snack in, cupcake wrappers (silicone or paper), and small containers to put the hummus in
To assemble the Snack Box:
- Place in the container. I used the cupcake wrapper for the egg so that it was separated from rest of the food. You can leave the peel on or off. It really does not matter.
- I put the mini croissant in a small sandwich bag to keep it fresh.
- The hummus was placed in a small container that I purchased at the dollar store.
- Use within 4 days.
When you make the hard boiled eggs, it is best to use the eggs that have been in your fridge the longest but are not expired.
Happy vegetarian eating,