Sometimes you have good meals. There are times you have so-so meals. And then there are the times when you hit it out of the ballpark. Tonight was one of those nights. My hubby could not stop talking about our dinner tonight and how good it was.
While planning our January meals, I found this recipe on the Real Food 4 Real People website. I decided that this would be a good meal. Boy, was I right about that?
Stars of the recipe:
- 6 oz. of spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 c. cottage cheese (I used small curd.)
- 3/4th’s pound of hamburger
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Brown hamburger meat. Drain and then add spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the box. Drain and add butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add the eggs and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Place the spaghetti, egg, and Parmesan cheese mixture in the bottom of a buttered pie pan. Press it down to form a “crust.”
- Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust.
- Spread the hamburger and spaghetti sauce over the cottage cheese layer.
- Place in a preheated 350-degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pull from the oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
I also put Italian seasoning in the sauce, over the cottage cheese layer, and then the sauce layer for extra flavor.