In the last week, we’ve had homemade pizza twice. Last Sunday I made a pizza for our Sunday night dinner at my mother-in-law’s house. We then had it for supper on Saturday night. I tried two new crust recipes and enjoyed the second one. In fact, Hubby told me that the pizza was great on Saturday night. Coming from a man who works in the pizza business that is a compliment.
The only problem with having homemade pizza is the Imaginative One does not like pizza. He likes a few kinds but overall will not eat pizza at all. He is allowed to eat something else for dinner when we have pizza. It’s usually a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
The Wee One loves pizza and could have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if allowed. We had gone to the Home Depot for a DIY project for the kids earlier on Saturday. They gave him an apron to wear when he’s doing projects. He’s decided it’s his cooking apron. He put it on to help me put the sauce, pepperoni, and cheese on the pizza. We had strawberries for dessert and he put on the apron to help me prepare the strawberries.
While the pizza was baking, he watched the timer and would give me updates that were usually “2 minutes until 7 minutes.” So cute and funny!
Onto the recipe:
That’s the Wee One’s hand – He was fake cutting the pizza.
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1 c. warm water (105 -115 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Make sure the water is 105 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit so the yeast can dissolve. Add the yeast to the water.
- After the yeast is dissolved, add the rest of the ingredients to your mixing bowl.
- Using either your mixer or with a spoon, mix the ingredients.
- Knead your dough either using a mixer or with your hands on a clean floured surface for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl covered with a damp towel. Allow it to rise in a warm place. (This is the first time I’ve tried using my oven. Turn it onto the lowest temperature. Mine was 170 degrees. Then turn it off and allow the dough to rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Spread out on a cooking pan or pizza stone. Top with sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you don’t have enough time you can do steps 1 through 4. Skip step 5. Then do steps 6 – 8.