As I stated in my Menu Planning blog post, I’m part of the launch party for Eat at Home’s newest cookbook. (For more information about the cookbook, click here.)
Tonight Hubby and the boys are going to have the Memphis BBQ Chicken Tacos before heading to either work or our town’s block party. The recipe calls for cooked chicken. I used my Instant Pot to poach the chicken.
Since our area has a heat advisory, it was nice not having to warm up the kitchen in order to poach the chicken.
I used fresh chicken breasts today but you can use frozen chicken breasts instead.
What is needed for this recipe:
- chicken breast or thighs, fresh or frozen
- water or chicken broth
- seasoning: 21 Seasoning Salute, Trader Joe’s seasoning salt, Everything but the bagel seasoning, or salt and pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thights
- 1 c. water or chicken broth
- 1/2 Tbsp. to 1 Tbsp. seasoning (See What is needed for this recipe for ideas)
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Pour water or broth over the chicken.
- Manually set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes or 12 minutes. (10 minutes for fresh, 12 minutes for frozen)
- Once cooked, allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Shred with forks or use your Kitchen Aid.
- Enjoy in your favorite recipe.
Have a magical day,