Last night, Hubby and I had to attend a get together for a possible new pastor. We ate dinner with other members of the Call Committee and their spouses.
I was to bring appetizers or finger food. Veggie tray was my first thought. I bought some red pepper hummus but also made some pumpkin hummus for dipping. Since people don’t always like hummus, I made some ranch dressing also. So right before we get ready to leave, I can’t find my veggie tray. (I was packing the veggies in containers so I could assemble it there.) We had to come up with a plan B. We ended up using one of my cake pans instead.
I also brought queso dip and tortilla chips. That was the real star. The host kept some of the dip while another took the remainder home. A third asked for the recipe. It is super easy to make!
Adapted from the Crockpot Ladies
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 – 16 oz. container of Queso Velvetta or a generic brand
- 2 c. Colby Monterrey Jack blend shredded cheese
- 2 c. Half and half
- 1-1/2 c. well drained salsa
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Cut the Velvetta into small cubes.
- Place the cubes into a small crock pot.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the cubes.
- Pour the half and half over the other ingredients.
- Cover the mixture with the salsa, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Put the lid on the crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 2 hours or until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips and veggies.
For a printable version of the recipe, follow this link.