The Wee One and I like to crack open a jar of salsa and then enjoy it with tortilla chips. This usually our evening snack. So when I saw this recipe the other day I decided to make it. After I made it, the Wee One and I snacked on it. Did it meet his deal of approval? Yes, he did.
Restaurant Style Salsa
Mommy Hates Cooking
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 28oz Can of Peeled Whole Tomatoes with Juice
- 1 4oz Can of Green Chilies, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar or substitute
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Chopped (I left this put and it was okay. )
- 1 Lime
- Red or Green Jalapeño Peppers (I left these out too. )
- In a food processor or blender combine the tomatoes, chilies, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, and cilantro. (I used my blender on the purée setting. )
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice out over the ingredients.
- Add the peppers if using them.
- Purée this in the blender or food processor until puréed.
- Enjoy with chips.
Freeze or can the leftovers.