Have you ever been hangry? These energy balls will help ward off the hangry feeling.
I’ve mentioned I’m dealing with blood sugar issues. I’ve started to make these pumpkin spice energy balls. In the mornings when I don’t feel hungry, I’ll eat these balls before I eat my full breakfast. They keep my blood sugar stable which is wonderful.
These are easy to make. It takes only 10ish minutes to whip together. That is unless your dates are dry. You’ll need to soak them first for at least an hour.
What you need:
- dry dates
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
- 1 c. dates (6 to 8) – seed removed
- 1 c. pecans
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- water, optional
- Soak the dates if they are too dry. (About an hour)
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse it comes together like a dough. Adding a teaspoon or 2 of water if needed.
- Roll into balls. (About a tablespoon of the dough at at time.) Place in a container.
- Store in the fridge for a week or the freezer for up to 3 months.