Currently there are 15 freezer slow cooker kits in my freezer. It’s so easy to pull out a kit in the evening and then drop it in the slow cooker in the morning.
About a month ago, I put together 12 freezer slow cooker kits. Then I shared my slow cooker freezer meal plan.
Having those kits in the freezer has been helpful because I ended up getting sick. It was easy to put the food in the slow cooker and then set the slow cooker to cook the food. There was not much thinking about what we were going to eat for dinner. Believe you me, Hubby is happy to have dinner.
Here is what I made back in November during my Thanksgiving break.
- Cranberry Pork Loin
- Chicken Fajitas
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Ham and Pinto Bean Soup
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Shredded BBQ Chicken
- Garlic Mint Pork Loin
- Honey Dijon Chicken
- Honey Bourbon Chicken
- Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings
We have eaten cranberry pork loin, chicken fajitas, sweet and sour bbq meatballs, ham and pinto bean soup, chicken teriyaki, and honey bourbon chicken.
The shredded bbq chicken is currently in the slow cooker for tonight’s dinner.
So I’m left with cilantro lime chicken, garlic mint pork loin, honey dijon chicken, Italian sausage and peppers, and apricot bbq chicken wings in the freezer.
Our favorites so far have been the cranberry pork loin, sweet and sour bbq meatballs, and honey bourbon chicken. We also enjoyed the chicken fajitas. I made chicken fajita nachos when we ate them. The chicken teriyaki had good flavor but the veggies did not hold up during the cooking process.
Today I made some more freezer kits using my slow cooker freezer kit menu plan.
In order to make sure the kits freeze flat,
you may want to put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until the kits are frozen solid.
Here is some things I learned while making the kits.
- Make sure you label your bags to help remind you of what you need for cooking day.
- Make sure the kits are flat when you place them in the freezer so they take up less space.
- Make sure you get rid of the air from the freezer bag so there is not any freezer burn.
- Place a piece of wax paper between the kit because it helps them to not stick to each other.
- Use the kits within 3 months if you place it in your fridge freezer or 6 months if in your deep freezer.
Currently I have the following slow cooker freezer kits in my freezer.
cilantro lime chicken
- garlic mint pork loin
apricot bbq chicken wings
- honey Dijon chicken
- Italian sausage and peppers
- Veggie Beef Soup (2 bags)
- Balsamic Pork Loin
- Chicken Ranch Tacos (2 bags)
- Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Taco Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Peach BBQ Pulled Pork
I know my family will be eating well in the following weeks.