Close to where I spent my teenage years is a meat market and bakery called Landes Meats. The owners are German Baptists. The food there is incredible! In fact, I have a mile-long list of favorite foods from there.
It’s not far from where I work now, but in the opposite direction from where I need to go home, so the visits to Landes Meats are few and far between.
One of my favorites is the Creamy Fruit Salad. I usually buy two salad containers and savor them for days afterward. Since I can’t get there often, I decided to recreate one of my favorites.
Once you try it, you’ll see why it’s one of my favorite fruit salads.
Creamy Fruit Salad
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 (15 oz) cans of fruit cocktail
- 1 small package of instant vanilla yogurt
- 1 (10 oz) jar of maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 (15 oz) can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, place the fruit cocktail, undrained. Sprinkle the yogurt over the fruit cocktail. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the maraschino cherries and mandarin oranges. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for a least an hour.
- Enjoy the creamy fruit salad as a delicious dessert!
One thought on “Creamy Fruit Salad – Countdown to Thanksgiving”