The Imaginative One could live on 3 different foods – chocolate, popcorn, and French fries. Sometimes in the evening, he’ll pop up some popcorn to eat as his nighttime snack. I’ve shown him how to make microwave popcorn without all that mess that’s in microwave popcorn. It’s as easy as 1 -2 -3 to make. Now instead of grabbing a bag of microwave popcorn, he’ll grab a paper bag, a measuring cup, and popcorn kernels.
That’s all you need: a paper bag, a measuring cup, and popcorn kernels. Oh you’ll also need different popcorn toppings.
First melt some butter or coconut oil or use a little extra olive oil. Then add whatever topping you want.
Here is a list of possible popcorn toppings:
- ranch dressing (Or buttermilk ranch – add some buttermilk powder to your ranch dressing spice blend)
- taco seasoning
- Greek seasoning (one of my fav’s)
- garlic powder (Use extra virgin olive oil.)
- cinnamon and sugar
- pumpkin pie spice or 5 Chinese spice
- a Tbsp. or 2 of mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, or white chocolate chips. Don’t use butter, olive oil, or coconut oil. Add while the popcorn is still hot.
- Italian seasoning (Use extra virgin olive oil.)
- Parmesan cheese (Use extra virgin olive oil or butter.)
- Barbecue seasoning blend (Use butter.)
or you can go for the old standby, salt.
The Imaginative One loves only butter and that’s the only time he’ll eat anything with butter.
Easy Microwave Popcorn
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1/4 c. popcorn kernels
- 1 lunch brown bag
- Optional toppings: melted butter, melted coconut oil, salt, different spices
- Place the popcorn kernels in the lunch brown bag.
- Fold the top over 2 times.
- Place in the microwave with the folded side down.
- Microwave using your popcorn button. (When I pop mine, I microwave it for 2 minutes.)
- Add the toppings and shake.