I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to make a peppermint mocha that wasn’t full of a lot of calories.
Can I be honest? The ones from Starbucks are not my favorite. They add way too much chocolate. I would rather have the peppermint shine through. I love peppermint in my lattes so that makes sense.
Yesterday I found a peppermint mocha ground coffee at Aldi’s so that is what I’m using for the coffee part of the recipe. So good.
For the recipe:
- ground coffee – I used peppermint mocha flavored coffee.
- peppermint syrup
- almond milk – I used vanilla unsweetened almond milk. You could use real milk or any non dairy milk. I just prefer almond milk.
- cacao powder
- whipped cream
Peppermint Mocha Latte
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. ground coffee (I used a reusable K cup pod for my coffee maker.)
- 1 Tbsp. peppermint syrup
- 1/2 c. milk (dairy or non dairy)
- 1 to 2 tsp. cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. whipped cream
- Add the peppermint syrup to the mug.
- Then brew the coffee. I brew my coffee using the bold setting.
- While it’s brewing, froth the milk and cacao powder.
- After the coffee is done brewing, top with frothed milk and whipped cream.
Note: You either need to use a frother or froth it without a frother. Place milk and cacao powder in a mason jar, place the lid on it, and then shake it. (Arm workout) Once it’s increased in volume, remove the lid carefully. Microwave it for 30 to 60 seconds.