6. Share a Summer Camp memory. My sons just came home from Boy Scouts Camp. Hubby and I went down on Friday for family night. The Imaginative One and his buddies wanted to tell me of some of their exploits … Continue reading A mission trip to Sumter, South Carolina
3. The last thing that made you laugh. Last week, I wrote my Writer’s Workshop post on my phone. This week I’m back to using my PC. So much easier. While we were on vacation last week, we had so many … Continue reading Rolls in His Sleep
Today’s Writer’s Workshop is perfect. I have chosen to write about the last time I wore a bathing suit. We are currently at Folly Beach, South Carolina. This morning I took a walk on the beach down to the fishing pier and then back to the house via the road so I could look at the houses. The whole walk was about 2.8 miles. It took me about 90 minutes because I was stopping to take photos. After the walk, I decided to get into the hot tub before eating breakfast. When I got into the hot tub, I wore … Continue reading Morning Beach Walk
2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: treat Last week, I traveled to Rochester, New York to visit one of my best friends, Molly. We hadn’t seen each other since July. I had only been to western New … Continue reading Scoops
4. Book review!
Have you ever fallen in love with a book that you are willing to read over and over again? A book that makes you want to travel to a foreign land just to see the sights that are mentioned. A book that makes you meet your own Jamie.
I have read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon over and over again. I’m currently listening to the book on Audible once again. Continue reading “Love in the Scottish Highlands”
4. Write a blog post the ends with the sentence: I had a feeling that would happen.
Three years ago, the Imaginative One and I spent the last full day in Disney together. We went to Animal Kingdom and then EPCOT.
While we were in EPCOT, I decided to get a photograph of him and I together. Continue reading “I’m The Third Tallest?!?”
2. Something your kids said that made you think.
Let me start off with this disclaimer: The Imaginative One is a ferocious reader. He almost always has a book in his hand. In fact on Tuesday, he was supposed to help with a fire safety merit badge class for Boy Scouts. Instead he wanted to read.
A while back, he had not done one of his chores so I threatened to take away his book he was reading. He told me that I was going to mess up his education. Continue reading “What Did You Just Say?”
In April 2014, we received word that my mom’s cousin,Kate, was diagnosed with cancer. She was not given much time to live. My aunt, Missy, lives in New York about 12 hours or so from where I live. Since we … Continue reading My Aunt’s Quick Trip to Home – Throwback Thursday
5. Tell us about the last time you slept on a couch. Continue reading “Early Morning Cuddles”
Write a list of your 5 favorite singers growing up…do they still make your top 5 list?
- Write a list of your 5 favorite singers growing up…do they still make your top 5 list?
5. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous February and write a poem or a blog post. Continue reading “An Unforgettable Experience”
Southern charm! People with cutest Southern accents! Beautiful beaches and scenery! Full of history! Full of mystery! Ghost stories galore! The yummiest food! All of these descriptions describe one of my favorite places to visit. In fact, I’m visiting it … Continue reading “Slow Down . . .You are in Folly”
What does a rainy Thursday and a townhouse have to do with my marriage proposal? It was March 18, 1999. The previous day was my last day of student teaching. Since we had a really bad winter that year, my … Continue reading A Rainy Day Proposal
I’m sitting here at the computer trying to write a blog post using one of the writing prompts that were provided. My brain is blank. Continue reading “How a Coke Saved the Day”
When I was in college, my mother gave me two pieces of advice. One I followed right away while the other one it took a few years for me to follow. Both were the best pieces of advice because they … Continue reading Moms Sometimes Know Best
If I could use one word that I would like to describe 2017, it would actually be two words – Bucket List.
Webster’s Dictionary defines joy as a source or cause of delight. What brings you joy in your life?