Last Christmas, I found this recipe in the Food Network magazine. I loved the hint of orange in these cookies and the ease of the recipe.
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 sticks of unsalted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 and 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and then add it to the butter mixture. Stir until well incorporated.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll tablespoons into balls and flatten; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
This recipe is linked up to Colleen’s Kitchen Recipe Swap.
3 thoughts on “Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipe”