In a week and a half, I’m going back to work. This past weekend, I did some freezer cooking to prepare for returning to work. I’ve indicated which meals are going to be from the freezer. Having things in the freezer will be a huge help on days when I’m super tired and don’t want to cook. On those days, I would usually just stop at a fast food restaurant and grab our dinner there instead of cooking. Also, planning things out helps hubby when he needs to step up to the plate and prepare dinner. He doesn’t mind preparing dinner if it is planned out and he is told exactly what to do. On those nights, I tend to do something easy.
If I plan a big meal that takes more time to prep and cook, I cook those on Saturday nights because that is when I have more time.
Week of August 2 – We are going away for the weekend, so I need to only plan for 4 days and one day of leftovers.
- Spaghetti Carbonara, garlic bread, salad
- White Castle Sliders, fries, veggie
- Ravioli lasagna (in the freezer), rolls, veggie
- Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken, rice, egg rolls
Week of August 9 – I start back to work during the week.
- almost famous chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, fruit salad
- homemade corn dogs (Food Network recipe), chips, veggie
- Chicken cordon bleu (freezer), veggie, Easy Rolls
- breakfast for dinner – waffles or pancakes, bacon or sausage, fruit
- Bowtie lasagna, garlic bread, salad, or veggie
Week of August 16 – Students start back this week.
- lemon chicken (freezer), lemon basil pasta, veggie rolls
- homemade pizza
- meatball subs, chips, veggie
- breakfast burritos, hashbrowns, muffins, or biscuits
- bbq ham steak, make-over mac and cheese, veggie
Week of August 23
- chicken cooked in the crockpot, mashed potato, green beans
- chicken and rice casserole, rolls, veggie
- Primetime meatloaf (freezer), makeover macaroni and cheese, veggie
- sloppy joes (freezer), chips, raw veggies
- pork chops, peas, applesauce
Week of August 30
- porcupine meatballs (freezer), roll, veggie
- molasses chicken (freezer), make-over macaroni and cheese, veggie
- Skyline chili over spaghetti, rolls
- Baked potatoes with skyline chili and cheese, veggie
- spaghetti, Italian breadsticks, salad, applesauce
This post has been linked to This Mommy Cooks and Mommy’s Kitchen.
3 thoughts on “August Meals”
Thanks for linking up Traci! You’re menu looks great. I’ve got the Lemon Basil Pasta on my menu this month too! It looks yummy!
It does look yummy! I like both the flavors of lemon and basil so it should be good.