In a week and a half, I’m going back to work. During this past weekend, I did some freezer cooking in preparation of going back to work. I’ve indicated which meals are going to be from the freezer. Having things in the freezer is going to be a huge help on days that I’m super tired and don’t want to cook. On those days, I would usually just stop at a fast food restaurant and grab us dinner there instead of cooking. Also having things planned out helps hubby when he needs to step up to the plate and prepare dinner. He doesn’t mind preparing dinner if it is planned out and he is told exactly what he has to do. On those nights, I tend to do something easy.
If I plan a big meal that takes more time to prep and cook, I cook those on Saturday nights because that is when I have more time.
Week of August 2 – We are going away for the weekend so I need to only plan for 4 days and one day of left-overs.
- Spaghetti Carbonara, garlic bread, salad
- White Castle Sliders, fries, veggie
- Ravioli lasagna (in freezer), rolls, veggie
- Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken, rice, egg rolls
Week of August 9 – I start back to work during the week.
- almost famous chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, fruit salad
- homemade corn dogs (Food Network recipe), chips, veggie
- Chicken cordon bleu (freezer), veggie, Easy Rolls
- breakfast for dinner – waffles or pancakes, bacon or sausage, fruit
- Bowtie lasagna, garlic bread, salad or veggie
Week of August 16 – Students start back this week.
- lemon chicken (freezer), lemon basil pasta, veggie, rolls
- homemade pizza
- meatball subs, chips, veggie
- breakfast burritos, hashbrowns, muffins or biscuits
- bbq ham steak, make-over mac and cheese, veggie
Week of August 23
- chicken cooked in crockpot, mashed potato, green beans
- chicken and rice casserole, rolls, veggie
- Primetime meatloaf (freezer), makeover macaroni and cheese, veggie
- sloppy joes (freezer), chips, raw veggies
- pork chops, peas, applesauce
Week of August 30
- porcupine meatballs (freezer), roll, veggie
- molasses chicken (freezer), make over macaroni and cheese, veggie
- Skyline chili over spaghetti, rolls
- Baked potatoes with skyline chili and cheese, veggie
- spaghetti, Italian breadsticks, salad, applesauce