When I saw the “recipe” for these, I decided I needed to try to make them because they looked so easy and delicious. Boy am I glad I did. They turned out super yummy and they are an easy enough recipe that even the boys are able to help me with making them. The other positive thing is that you only need three ingredients.
The boys really like the M&M version. In fact, I needed to lock the deep freezer so that the Wee One wouldn’t get into them. I think these are his favorite of all the candies I’ve made.
Stars of the recipe:
- either pretzel twists or waffle pretzels
- Rolo candies
- M&M’s or pecan halves
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place whole pretzels on the foil in a straight line.
- Place a Rolo flat side down on the pretzel.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 4 minutes.
- Carefully pull out of the oven and then place either a M&M or pecan half on the top of the melted Rolo.
- Allow the turtle to cool and then place in a plastic bag and store. I froze mine and they did fine.
Who doesn’t love fudge?!? It’s rich and decadent. Recently I found a recipe for an easy fudge that I decided I needed to try. It is so easy to make and tastes yummy! The best thing is that it only requires 3 ingredients! Yes I said it right, I only needed three ingredients. Not bad for a delicious piece of fudge.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1-12 oz. bag of chocolate chips
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 to 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- handful of pecan pieces, optional
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a microwavable safe bowl.
- Microwave on 70% power for 1.5 minutes. Stir.
- Continue microwave on 70% power for another 1.5 minutes. Stir.
- If the chocolate is not melted, continue microwaving on 70% power for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the vanilla and stir. If you add pecans, this would be when they would be added.
- Pour into a square cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I also lined mine with foil and then sprayed the foil.)
- Place in the fridge until it’s hardened. Cut into pieces. Enjoy!
Monday – chicken in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, veggie, roll
Tuesday – Quesidillas (spelling) cheese soup, and raw veggies,
Wednesday - 7 up pork chops, buttered noodles, veggies
Thursday – homemade hamburger helper, veggies, Easy Rolls
Friday – pizza and salad