Happy Valentine’s Day!
I’ve been in the mood for homemade granola, so I decided to experiment. With Valentine’s Day approaching, I thought chocolate-covered strawberry granola would be a great version.
I love chocolate-covered strawberries. I sometimes go to a Chocolate and Coffee Shop called Winan’s Fine Chocolate and Coffee Shop. I will order a coffee and a chocolate-covered strawberry if they have them. It’s a nice little treat.
I prefer using Freeze Dried Fruit when making granola. You can order it online or buy it at Trader Joe’s or Target. I like how it melts in your mouth when you eat the granola. Dried fruit is too sticky for me.
This recipe is easy. The worst part is waiting for the chocolate drizzle to harden.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Granola
Basic granola recipe adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 c. oats, rolled or instant
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or any other nut
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, optional
- 1/2 c. freeze-dried strawberries, chopped
- 1 c. chocolate chips, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and water in a medium sauce pan. Allow cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, pecans, and cocoa powder (if using it). Stir to combine.
- Pour the butter, brown sugar, and water over the oat mixtures. Stir until well combined.
- Pour onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and stir. Place back into the oven. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- In a microwavable bowl, pour half a cup of chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate chips (directions below).
- Once finished, sprinkle the strawberries over the finished granola. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the granola. Allow hardening.
- Add the other half of the chocolate chips to the granola.
- Enjoy over yogurt.
How to melt the chocolate:
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl.
- Cook on 30% power for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave.
- Place it back in the microwave.
- Cook on 30% power for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave.
- Continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until melted.
Store the granola in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Happy Valentine’s Day and happy eating,
One thought on “Chocolate Covered Strawberry Granola”
Your Strawberry Granola looks fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fantastic day!
Come Back Soon!