All you need is five ingredients ~ six if you include the topping. So it’s perfect for the pantry challenge.
I found this recipe while various blogs had a countdown to 2012. Each day they posted their top recipes in different categories. Recipe Shoebox listed this as one of their top recipes in the dessert category. It looked so easy that I made it for New Year’s Eve. Hubby and I enjoyed it, and over the next few days, I finished the whole cheesecake. It was so delicious.
Easy No, Bake Cheesecake
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (8 oz.) container of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (or a small package of instant pudding mix)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice (Don’t use if using instant pudding mix.)
- 1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip or whipped topping
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Toppings: pie filling, additional Cool Whip, cookie, or graham cracker crumbs, chocolate syrup for drizzling
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar (or pudding mix), and lemon juice (if using) until smooth and lump-free.
- Mix in Cool Whip just until thick, creamy, and combined.
- Pour immediately into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or if you’re in a hurry, stick in the freezer for 1-2 hours) or until set.
- Serve cold with desired toppings. (I used lite cherry topping. It was so good.)
One thought on “Easy No Bake Cheesecake”