As we are getting ready for Memorial Day, it is tough being a vegetarian when the holiday focuses on eating grilled meat. Or is it really that tough?
Today I’m bringing you a quick and easy recipe for Barbecue Tofu. You can enjoy the tastes of barbecue while staying plant based. Win-Win.
Here is what you need:
- Pressed, firm tofu – Since I’m new to cooking tofu, here is the method of how to press tofu.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Salt or Powder, Trader Joe’s Seasoning Salt, or Penzey’s Galena Street Rub
- Your Favorite BBQ sauce
- Pressed, firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic Salt or Powder, Trader Joe’s Seasoning Salt, or Penzey’s Galena Street Rub, to taste
- ¼ c. bbq sauce
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- In the meantime, cut the tofu into 32 rectangles.
- Gently add the tofu to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and other spice blend.
- Allow the tofu to cook for 5 minutes. Flip.
- Sprinkle the other side with the spices. Cook for additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet. Place in a bowl. Pour the bbq sauce over the tofu. Stir until all the tofu is covered with sauce.
My favorite BBQ sauce is Carolina Gold. Yum!
Have a bemagical day,