Since I’ve gone gluten free, I am trying to find new ways to enjoy some of my favorite foods. Continue reading “Blender Muffins (Gluten Free)”
My absolutely favorite muffins are double chocolate chip muffins. When they bring in muffins to work, I gravitate to the double chocolate chip muffins. Usually they have a million bazillion calories in it though. I found a way to have my favorite muffin and still feel good about eating it.
The cool thing about these muffins are there is no eggs in them. You can lick the bowl clean without any worries about getting sick.
There are also surprise ingredients in it. If you didn’t tell anyone, they wouldn’t know it.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 ripe banana
- 3/4 c. Sugar or 3/8 c. Truvia baking blend
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- <1 tsp. baking sod
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. Light olive oil
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers (12) or spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, blend banana and avocado until pureed.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into tins or cupcake wrappers. (WARNING: The mixture will be thick.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
Last summer, my aunt left me a mesage on Facebook about Tropical Smoothie giving away a free smoothie if you came in with flip flops on. The boys and I jumped on that deal. As a result, the Imaginative One fell in love with the strawberry banana smoothie (don’t remember it’s real name). Once I got the smoothie maker, the Imaginative One and I decided to try to recreate the smoothie. I had to add a little of this and a little of that before the Imaginative One gave his seal of approval.
These are not exactly like the smoothies from Tropical Smoothie but are similar.
“Tropical Smoothie” Smoothie
Stars of the recipe:
1/2 of a banana
1/2 cup frozen cut up strawberries
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. sugar or sugar substitute
2 Tbsp. to 1/4 cup of yogurt (I use Greek yogurt.)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk
Put all of the ingredients in a blender or smoothie blender cup.
Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Pour in a glass.