Today’s my monthly Secret Recipe Club Reveal. Before I reveal who I was assigned this month, I’m going to have a quick commercial break because it’s a special day at our house. I don’t want the person whose blog I’m featuring to feel slighted so I’m going to try to keep it quick.
Today the Imaginative One turns 13 years old! I’m a parent of a teenager. I can’t believe it! He has amazed us in so many ways. The Imaginative One decided to earn all A’s during his first year in middle school. He almost achieved his goal with the exception of the one B in computer applications. He has a reputation of being an avid reader.
Then last week, I get a letter from his middle school saying he has been place in advanced math for his seventh grade year. I’m so proud of his accomplishments.
He’s a Boy Scout, a DeMolay brother, and a Kung Fu student.
The Imaginative One is respectful, empathetic, and loving. (I ask my students to describe them in 3 words. These are the 3 words I use to describe the Imaginative One.)
He has one flaw that drives me crazy. He is not an adventurous eater.
Happy birthday, the Imaginative One!
It’s that time of the month again. It’s time to reveal which blog I was suppose to look through to find a recipe that I would want to try out this month.
I was assigned Jessica Weaver the Vanderbilt Wife blog for this go around. Jessica is a blogger from Tennessee. She’s been blogging for 10 years.
Jessica is an avid reader just like my Imaginative One. She posts monthly updates on books she has read that month.
She also posts a weekly menu plan.
My Top 5 Recipes
Here are are the top 5 recipes that caught my eye:
Broccoli Salad – This recipe was just posted last week. I love the broccoli salad from Honey Baked Ham. This would be a good Do It Yourself salad recipe. Yum!
Honey Parmesan Pork Roast – I’ve been looking for more slow cooker recipes. This pork roast recipe sound delicious.
BLC Pasta Salad – I almost made this recipe for this month’s secret recipe reveal. This salad sounds absolutely divine.
Crunchy Granola Breakfast Cookies – Cookies for breakfast – Sign me up!
Crunchy Panko Chicken Tenders – Hubby keeps saying the Wee One is going to turn into a chicken tender. He loves chicken tenders and nuggets. The Wee One might enjoy this recipe.
This Month’s Recipe
I finally decided on the Taco Mac and Cheese. I’ve changed my recipe title to taco hamburger helper. I have another recipe for homemade hamburger helper. This is another variation of hamburger helper.
The Wee One, an avid taco lover, told me that it was good but not the same as eating a regular taco on a tortilla.
Taco Hamburger Helper
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (12 oz.) box of small pasta
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 sm. Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded Mexican style shredded cheese or Colby Jack Blend shredded cheese
- 1 package of taco seasoning or 2 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
- 1 can of Rotel
- Cook the pasta according to package. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef along with the onion. (Medium high heat)
- Once browned, remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Leave the drippings in the skillet.
- Melt the butter. Add the flour. Whisk together. Allow to cook for a minute.
- Add the 2 c. milk. Allow to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Then cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese.
- Add the ground beef, taco seasoning, and Rotell. Mix together.
- Toss with the pasta.
- You can top with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, extra cheese, or even avocado.
Thank you Jessica for a new recipe to add our dinner menus.
For more Secret Recipe Club reveals, click the blue button.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.