Last week I didn’t share a recipe with you. I was still trying to figure out the new gluten free diet I’ve been on the last two weeks. Continue reading “Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese (Gluten Free)”
One of my favorite comfort food is macaroni and cheese. I have shared my favorite slow cooker mac and cheese, healthier mac and cheese, and make over mac and cheese. Now I’ve found another favorite macaroni and cheese.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Yum!
I use an electric pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
adapted from Dad Cooks Dinner
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 – 2 tsp. salt
- 4 c. water
- 1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk
- 2 c. cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar.)
- Place the macaroni, butter, mustard, salt, and water in the pressure cooker. Put the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Set it to pressure cooker for 5 minutes. When it’s finished, quick release the pressure.
- Switch the setting to saute. Add the evaporated milk. Taste one the macaroni noodles. It should be al dente and cooked through out. If not, let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Slowly add the cheese. Stirring each time you add the cheese.
- After adding all the cheese, let the macaroni and cheese sit for 5 minutes.
This post has been linked to Miz Helen’s Cottage’s Full Plate.
Last night, Hubby and I had to attend a get together for a possible new pastor. We ate dinner with other members of the Call Committee and their spouses.
I was to bring appetizers or finger food. Veggie tray was my first thought. I bought some red pepper hummus but also made some pumpkin hummus for dipping. Since people don’t always like hummus, I made some ranch dressing also. So right before we get ready to leave, I can’t find my veggie tray. (I was packing the veggies in containers so I could assemble it there.) We had to come up with a plan B. We ended up using one of my cake pans instead.
I also brought queso dip and tortilla chips. That was the real star. The host kept some of the dip while another took the remainder home. A third asked for the recipe. It is super easy to make!
Adapted from the Crockpot Ladies
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 – 16 oz. container of Queso Velvetta or a generic brand
- 2 c. Colby Monterrey Jack blend shredded cheese
- 2 c. Half and half
- 1-1/2 c. well drained salsa
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Cut the Velvetta into small cubes.
- Place the cubes into a small crock pot.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the cubes.
- Pour the half and half over the other ingredients.
- Cover the mixture with the salsa, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Put the lid on the crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 2 hours or until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips and veggies.
For a printable version of the recipe, follow this link.