Oh my goodness, I found a recipe that made the Shamrock shake healthier with fewer calories. It’s full of good fats.
One of the ingredients might surprise you. It gives you green coloring without food dye.
Now when the boys have their Homemade “Shamrock” shake, I can have this instead. Yeah!
Oh, it’s also husband-approved.
Skinnier “Shamrock” Shake
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. avocado
- 1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. Truvia or Stevia
- 1 tsp. mint or peppermint extract
- 1/2 c.crushed ice
- Put ice in the blender. Crush it.
- Add the other ingredients to the blender.
- Blend it until all the ingredients are incorporated.
My absolutely favorite muffins are double chocolate chip muffins. When they bring in muffins to work, I gravitate to the double chocolate chip muffins. Usually they have a million bazillion calories in it though. I found a way to have my favorite muffin and still feel good about eating it.
The cool thing about these muffins are there is no eggs in them. You can lick the bowl clean without any worries about getting sick.
There are also surprise ingredients in it. If you didn’t tell anyone, they wouldn’t know it.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 ripe banana
- 3/4 c. Sugar or 3/8 c. Truvia baking blend
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- <1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. Light olive oil
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers (12) or spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, blend banana and avocado until pureed.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into tins or cupcake wrappers. (WARNING: The mixture will be thick.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.