Last week, I put bramble beans on our menu but didn’t have time to meal prep. So when it came time to cook the recipe, I had to change up how I was going to cook the meal. I decided to make it in my Instant Pot instead of the crockpot. It was easy to do.
So what do you serve with the bramble beans?
A simple side dish would be either a salad or frozen/ canned veggies warmed up.
Sloppy Joes (Crockpot)
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of pork and beans
- 1 – 15 oz. can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. hamburger, browned
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Turn on the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Place the hamburger and diced onion in the Instant Pot. Cook until the onion is transparent and the hamburger is no longer pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Manual set the Instant Pot to 15 minutes. (Make sure you have the vent is closed.)
- Quick release the vent once it is cooked.
Note: You may need to add about a quarter cup of water since you are using the Instant Pot.