I had bought some wreath shaped pretzels to use for my Rolo Turtles not realizing the Rolos would fall through the wreath. I used one bag of the wreath pretzels for my cinnamon sugar pretzels. Since I had another bag to use up, I found this recipe. Hubby had leftover popcorn oil from an event he hosted in November so this was a perfect way to use the pretzels.
Enjoy these at your Christmas get together or even on New Year’s Eve. Yum!
Oh and the best part of this is there is no baking involved. Sweet!
- 15 to 16 oz. bag of pretzels
- 6 oz. buttery popcorn oil, canola oil, or melted butter
- 1.5 Tbsp. dry ranch salad mix (not the dip)
- 0.5 tsp. garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (I used a garlic Parmesan cheese powder.)
- Pour the pretzels into a deep dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil and seasonings.
- Pour over the pretzels. Stir until all of the pretzels are combined.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese. Stir once again until the pretzels are combined.
- Continue stirring every 15 minutes or so for 3 hours or until the oil is absorbed by the pretzels.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!