I’m teaching my students how to write narratives so I’ve been doing a lot of model writing for them. A good narrative has a hook that gets the reader to want to read your story. This is a skill that I struggle with when I’m writing my blog posts.
However it is important for a writer to have a hook so you can get the reader wanting to read what you have written.
Just like a writer needs to have a hook, sometimes you need a beef taco. Since I’m a vegetarian, I don’t have the typical beef taco.
I’ve tried TVP which is textured vegetable protein but it usually turns into a brown soupy mess. Yuck! Not appetizing.
Then I tried the Beefless Ground Beef along with their soy chorizo. It’s just the right texture.
“Beef” tacos get into my belly.
What you need:
- a third of a package of Trader Joe’s “beefless” ground beef
- a third of a package of Trader Joe’s soy chorizo
- a third of a jar of Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce
Ingredients-1/3rd of a package of Trader Joe’s “beefless” ground beef -1/3rd of a package of Trader Joe’s soy chorizo, make sure you take the casing off -1/3rd of a jar of Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce (You may need a little more.) -tortillas (hard or soft) -Your favorite toppings
- Combine the “beefless” ground beef, soy chorizo, and enchilada sauce in a sauce pan.
- Cook on medium heat until heated through. (Add more sauce if you discover it’s not coated enough.)
- Enjoy on your a hard shelled or soft shelled tortilla with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is vegan before you add your toppings.
Happy vegetarian eating,