In August, I finally got to meet some family members I had never met before. They live on the west coast, Oregon, and don’t get to Ohio very often.
My mom’s first cousin, their mother, lives in the Phoenix area. She comes into town more often than her children. She was planning to visit the family and decided her children should also come to Ohio.
Since they came into town, one of my mom’s first cousins decided we needed to have a family get together with a potluck dinner.
My aunt flew into town from New York. That was an adventure in itself. (Needless to say her maybe 4 hour trip took almost 12 hours because of plane delays and missed connections).
Any who, on the same day as the family get together, our church had their annual picnic. I needed to make something that could be served at both the picnic and the get together. That’s when I decided to make this Greek pasta salad. It’s quick and easy to put together.
This recipe can either prepped for the week or eaten as a side dish. If you decide to prep it for the week, add the dressing right before you eat the pasta salad so it does not get soggy.
The dressing I used for this recipe was the Greek Feta cheese dressing from Trader Joe’s. However, you can use whatever Greek dressing you desire.
What you’ll need:
- box of farfelle pasta (bow tie pasta) – Actually, you can use any shape like penne but I just like the shape of the bow ties.
- Jar of artichokes
- Kalamata Olives
- Bell Pepper (orange, red, or yellow)
- Feta Cheese
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Greek dressing
Greek Pasta Salad
Ingredients-16 oz. box of farfelle pasta (Any shape will work like elbow or penne.), cooked and drained -1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil -1/2 jar of artichokes in water, cut into smaller pieces -1/4 c. Kalamata olives, halved and pitted -1 bell pepper, diced -1/4 c. sundried tomatoes, chopped into smaller pieces -1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese -1 jar of Greek dressing
- Cook the pasta. Drain it. Pour 1 Tbsp. olive oil over the pasta so that it does not stick.
- Add all of the other ingredients except dressing.
- Stir until the ingredients are combined.
- If serving right away, pour the dressing over the pasta salad. Stir until everything is coated.
- If you are are going to use this as a meal prep, place individual size portions in containers. Pour the dressing over the salad when ready to eat. Keeps for 4 days in the fridge.
Happy vegetarian eating,