As I stated in my Menu Planning blog post, I’m part of the launch party for Eat at Home’s newest cookbook. (For more information about the cookbook, click here.)
Tonight Hubby and the boys are going to have the Memphis BBQ Chicken Tacos before heading to either work or our town’s block party. The recipe calls for cooked chicken. I used my Instant Pot to poach the chicken.
Since our area has a heat advisory, it was nice not having to warm up the kitchen in order to poach the chicken.
I used fresh chicken breasts today but you can use frozen chicken breasts instead.
What is needed for this recipe:
- chicken breast or thighs, fresh or frozen
- water or chicken broth
- seasoning: 21 Seasoning Salute, Trader Joe’s seasoning salt, Everything but the bagel seasoning, or salt and pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thights
- 1 c. water or chicken broth
- 1/2 Tbsp. to 1 Tbsp. seasoning (See What is needed for this recipe for ideas)
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Pour water or broth over the chicken.
- Manually set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes or 12 minutes. (10 minutes for fresh, 12 minutes for frozen)
- Once cooked, allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Shred with forks or use your Kitchen Aid.
- Enjoy in your favorite recipe.
Have a magical day,
Last week, my friend Molly was in town. The Imaginative One was happy when she left because that meant I would once again cook dinner for him. LOL!
A month ago, I signed up for Eat at Home’s first cookbook’s launch. I received the cookbook a few weeks ago. I immediately read the book from cover to cover and marked it up with recipes that the family might enjoy. I love the fact that Eat at Home Tonight uses real ingredients that are easily found at the grocery store.
Another feature of the cookbook is the freezer kits. She offers two freezer menus with shopping lists and recipes. I absolutely love having freezer kits.
The cookbook is going to be published on August 7th. Grab your copy then. You won’t regret it especially if you are a busy mom like me.
Here is my menu for the week. Some of the recipes are from the cookbook: Memphis Style BBQ Chicken Tacos, Power Chopped Salad, Ravioli with Summer Garden Vegetables, and Naan Pizza.