Pickled Red Onions
- 1 & 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. white sugar (omit if Whole30)
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. peppercorns
- 1 c. white vinegar
- Thinly slice the red onion. Place in glass mixing bowl.
- Combine the sugar, salt, peppercorns in a small sauce pot.
- Add the vinegar and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Put the a lid on the pot. Bring the vinegar mixture to boil over high heat.
- Once the mixture has boiled, pour the vinegar over the onion. Make sure the onion is submerged.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place in a mason jar and then store in the fridge for 3 to 4 weeks.