I looked everywhere for the photo I took of this recipe but could not find it.
If you are looking for a yummy fake-out Chinese recipe, this is a great one.
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken tenders, sliced into strips (I put them whole in the crock and it was fine.)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (left this out – It was fine.)
- 1 c. cashew halves
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- 15 minutes prior to serve, add the cashews.
- Serve over rice.