I made this recipe the night before the Celebration of Life for Tanya. My family from Pittsburgh came into town and my aunt from New York was also visiting. Since it was a Saturday night in a town with a college and a military base, I figured going out to dinner would be a bigger ordeal than hosting dinner. I made a pot of this soup instead.
When I put this in the crockpot, Hubby wanted okra in the soup and mom wanted cabbage. I ended up with okra in the soup. I made rice on the side for him.
We put potatoes in the soup. Some of them cooked up while the rest did not. If you were going to put potatoes in the soup, I would parboil them in the microwave for a few minutes before putting them in the soup.
Veggie Beef Soup
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. stewing beef
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (40 oz) box of beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place stewing beef in the crock.
- Pour the tomatoes and frozen mixed veggies over the meat.
- Pour the beef broth over the meat and veggies.
- Sprinkle the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce over the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Enjoy with biscuits or crackers.