Welcome to Day 8 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking!
Today we decided to make it a family day. Unfortunately the Wee One refused to wake up so he stayed home with grandma instead of having fun with us.
We did half of the Donut Trail in a county to the south of us. While we were on the Donut Trail, we did some other things.
Today I’m going to share some of the photographs that I took while we on the donut trail.
We went to see Stan the Donut Man. Hubby gave me this expression when his photo was taken.
Yummy donuts at Jupiter’s Donuts – The lady working was so nice.
The Imaginative One posing with the sign in Jupiter’s Donuts – I don’t know what he decided to make that face.
Cool flowers at Jupiter’s Donut Shop
We then went to Jungle Jim’s because we couldn’t travel that far without a Jungle Jim‘s run.
The next photos are from Jungle Jim’s.
Tomorrow I’ll share a few more photos from the Donut Trail.
If you are trying to use up leftover chicken or even Thanksgiving turkey, this is a great recipe.
This recipe is going on our menu for next week.
Chicken Corn Soup
Stars of the recipe:
- 3 chicken breasts, raw or 3 c. shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 carrots, diced
- 8 c. chicken broth (4 small cans or 2 large boxes)
- 1 sm. can of creamed corn
- 1 (16 oz.) frozen corn
- ¼ pound of angel hair pasta, broken into smaller pieces
- Add all the ingredients to slow cooker except for angel hair pasta.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If you used raw chicken, shred the chicken after cooking for the 6 to 8 hours. Return to the crock.
- Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Recipe adapted from savoring the good