If you are trying to use up leftover chicken or even Thanksgiving turkey, this is a great recipe.
This recipe is going on our menu for next week.
Chicken Corn Soup
Stars of the recipe:
- 3 chicken breasts, raw or 3 c. shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 carrots, diced
- 8 c. chicken broth (4 small cans or 2 large boxes)
- 1 sm. can of creamed corn
- 1 (16 oz.) frozen corn
- ¼ pound of angel hair pasta, broken into smaller pieces
- Add all the ingredients to slow cooker except for angel hair pasta.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If you used raw chicken, shred the chicken after cooking for the 6 to 8 hours. Return to the crock.
- Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Recipe adapted from savoring the good