This is an easy recipe to put together in the slow cooker. Sloppy Joes are great for lunch or even dinner.
Once you make up a batch, freeze smaller portions so you can have sloppy Joes whenever you don’t feel like cooking. I did this before the Fourth of July. Then I ended up getting sick on the Fourth. Luckily I had the sloppy Joes in the freezer so the family still had a delicious meal on the Fourth of July.
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1 & ½ lbs. Ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix or ¼ c. homemade onion soup mix
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- Hamburger buns
- Combine all ingredients except for buns in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or 2 to 3 on high.
- Serve on buns.