I’ve had this recipe in my files but hadn’t shared it with you. If you make the crockpot chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken, you can use the left over chicken to make this delicious chicken salad.
When I made this chicken salad, I shared some with my mother-in-law. She also loved this chicken salad. She especially loved the addition of the dried cherries.
It’s good as on a bun or eaten with crackers. It would also be good just eaten with a fork.
Fruity Chicken Salad
Adapted from Add a Pinch
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 pound or 2 c. cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. red grapes, halved or quartered depending on the size of the grapes
- 1/2 c. dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 c. chopped pecan pieces
- 1 c. mayo (I use an olive oil based mayo.)
- salt and pepper, to taste