During January, I was sick for half of the month. When I was sick, I was not hungry for any food. Toward the end of my sickness, I craved BBQ chicken wings. I sent Hubby out to get me some frozen chicken wings so I could cook them up in the pressure cooker. They were delicious! I ended up eating a whole bunch of chicken.
We still had a few frozen chicken wings left over, so I cooked up some more last Saturday when our boys were with their grandma. Hubby gave me some tips to make them even better. I’m sharing the improved recipe.
Here is what I’m talking about when I say frozen chicken wing parts.
Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken Wings
Stars of the recipe:
- frozen chicken wings (20 pieces or so)
- 1 c. barbecue sauce (Your favorite kind)
- 1 c. water
- Place the chicken in the electric pressure cooker.
- Pour the water and barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker. Make sure the valve is set to pressure.
- Turn the pressure cooker onto the pressure cooker setting for 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker is finished cooking, set the valve to quick release.
- Place the chicken on a sprayed-down cookie sheet. (I poured the barbecue water mixture over the chicken. However, if you want them crispier, I would not pour the barbecue water mixture over the chicken.)
- Broil the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes and then flip the chicken.
- Broil for 5 to 7 more minutes.