One of my favorite comfort food is macaroni and cheese. I have shared my favorite slow cooker mac and cheese, healthier mac and cheese, and makeover mac and cheese. Now I’ve found another favorite macaroni and cheese.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Yum!
I use an electric pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
adapted from Dad Cooks Dinner
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 – 2 tsp. salt
- 4 c. water
- 1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk
- 2 c. cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar.)
- Place the macaroni, butter, mustard, salt, and water in the pressure cooker. Put the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Set it to a pressure cooker for 5 minutes. When it’s finished, quick release the pressure.
- Switch the setting to saute. Add the evaporated milk. Taste one of the macaroni noodles. It should be al dente and cooked throughout. If not, let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Slowly add the cheese. Stirring each time you add the cheese.
- After adding all the cheese, let the macaroni and cheese sit for 5 minutes.
This post has been linked to Miz Helen’s Cottage’s Full Plate.