When I was perusing my blog, I noticed there was an absence of homemade salad dressings. I make my own on occasion but hadn’t shared any recipes.
During winter, citrus fruits are the stars of the fruit world. They are refreshing. The vitamin C in citrus fruits are great for you.
So I decided to use the grapefruit I had at my house to make a vinaigrette. The result was pure deliciousness.
A hint about juicing fresh citrus fruits: place the fruit in the microwave for 10 seconds. This causes the fruit to release their juices.
I used the grapefruit vinaigrette on top of a simple salad of spinach, kale, goat cheese, and slivered almonds. Yum!
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/4 c. grapefruit juice (1/2 of a large grapefruit)
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 – 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. (I use a mason jar.)
- After placing a lid on the jar, shake the jar until the ingredients are combined.
- Use on your favorite salad.
- Store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.