I’ve signed up for a 31 day writing challenge. Everyday in October, I am posting a new slow cooker recipe, a link to a previous posted slow cooker recipe, or a link to a recipe from another blog.
Yes, I know this is another soup recipe.
We had lots of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday so it was a good thing I had the taco soup on the menu for Tuesday. There is something about soup on a dreary day. It helps brighten your soul.
The Wee One loves tacos so I thought he would like this soup. He probably would have liked it better if I served it with tortilla chips.
Hubby and I loved the soup. It’s easy to put together in the morning. The soup uses ingredients that most people have in the pantry.
The boys decided they wanted me to take a picture of them. I was trying to get a picture of the soup.
This is the Wee One taste testing the soup. I have no clue while he is holding his head.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. hamburger, browned or 2 c. already browned hamburger
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 heaping Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning or 1 package store bought taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomato
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. frozen corn
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Top with your favorite toppings – cheese, sour cream, etc. . .
To check out the rest of the recipes I’ve shared during this challenge, click on this link.
Oh and please check back during the first week of November. I’m planning a small giveaway. No, it is not a crock pot. More information will be forthcoming about the giveaway.