One of my favorite candy bars is Almond Joy. This is a good thing on Halloween because the boys won’t touch them with a 10 foot pole or if the Imaginative One is being his snarky self a 9 and 3/4 inch pole. I get their Almond Joy candy bars on Halloween. The combination of chocolate and coconut is pure heaven!! 🙂
My other favorite treat is granola either plain or with plain Greek yogurt. So the combination of the taste of Almond Joy candy bars with yogurt is the best flavor combination at least it is to me.
Almond Joy Granola
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 c. quick oats
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (I heated mine up in the microwave for a minute. Then it smelled like paradise.)
- 1/3 c. honey (Spray down your measuring cup with cooking spray first.)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 c. shredded coconut (I used sweetened.)
- 1/2 c. almonds – 1/2 whole, 1/2 slivers
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil after it’s heated up, honey, sugar, and almond extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 8 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then add almonds and coconut.
- Store in an air tight container for 2 weeks.
- Enjoy by itself or over yogurt!