When I participated in Elf 4 Health, one challenge was making a mug cake. Some of the participants gave recipes or websites with mug cake recipes. I was intrigued when I saw this recipe s,o I decided to try it. Delicious!
Oh, I made some adaptations to make it a little bit healthier. I will list the adaptations when I give the Stars of the recipe so you can make it either way.
P.S. Biscoff is also known as Cookie Butter if you get it at Trader Joe’s. It is made from Biscoff cookies, and sort of reminds me of graham crackers with a hint of cinnamon.
Biscoff Mug Cake
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (I used white whole wheat flour.)
- 3 Tbsp. White granulated sugar (I used Truvia instead.)
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. Biscoff or Cookie Butter (I used 2 Tbsp. instead)
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I used 1 1/2 tsp. unsweetened applesauce.)
- Combine all ingredients in an oversized coffee mug. (I sprayed mine with cooking spray.)
- Whisk well with a fork until it is all combined.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes and then take out to check if it’s done.
- If need be, continue microwaving it in 30-second increments.
- Don’t overcook it!
This is what it will look like when finished: