This week is busy! We are going to 2 vacation Bible schools. One is in the morning and the other is in the evening. I also have a meeting at work on Wednesday afternoon, the Wee One has an activity at the local library on Thursday afternoon, and the Imaginative One has an activity at the local library on Friday afternoon.
Monday – chicken tenderloins marinated in soy and Italian dressing, rice, and veggie
Tuesday – smoked sausage, roasted potatoes, and veggie
Wednesday – spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
Thursday – quesidillas and veggies
Friday – breakfast for dinner
Saturday – homemade pizza, salad
This weekend we went on a weekend getaway. The hotel we were going to be staying at didn’t provide a complimentary breakfast. We could have gone to a restaurant for breakfast but I decided it would be better if I made something for us to eat. I had made these before but had lost the recipe. As I was going through things in my house, I found the recipe and decided these would be perfect.
When the Imaginative One tasted them, he fell in love with them. He kept complimenting the on how good they tasted. He also told me not to lose the recipe again.
French Toast Muffins
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 and 1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Grease and flour small (mini) muffin tins.
- Fill 1/2 full and bake at 400 degrees fir 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove from the pan immediately.
- While the muffins are baking, melt the butter. Mix the vanilla into the butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- After the muffins are baked, dip in butter and then roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
(This recipe made 30 mini muffins.)
I haven’t made a meal plan for a while. I had meal plans but they were more fluid and subject to change so I didn’t post them. This week I have a definite plan in mind.
Monday – crockpot enchiladas, black bean salad
Tuesday – chicken lemon pasta, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday – pork chops, baked rice, corn on the cob
Thursday – date night, boys are having chicken nuggets and French fries
Friday – Wee One’s 7th birthday – bacon wrapped hot dogs, potato salad
Saturday – out to eat – mini vacation
Sunday – out to eat – mini vacation