Last week I didn’t post a menu. I did menu planning though.
This weeks a crazy week. I’m staying late one day, have a doctor’s appointment another day, and am doing something another evening. Needless to say I’ve got to make sure everything is ready for Hubby so he can get the boys and himself fed.
Monday – spaghetti, applesauce, salad, cheddar bay biscuits
Tuesday – pork roast, stuffing, veggies
Wednesday – Panko crusted chicken, rice, veggies
Thursday – crockpot creamy bratwurst soup, cornbread, salad
Friday – tacos
Saturday – short cut beef stroganoff, egg noodles
I found this recipe in Erin Chase’s $5 Dinner Cookbook and have been using it for the past year or so. Today I was making lasagna for dinner and decided to make the sauce for it.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 – 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes or 2 – 14.5 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. or to taste Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. beef granules
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring up to a rolling boil. (You don’t want a full boil because you don’t want spaghetti sauce everywhere.)
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Note: You may add 1 Tbsp. of white sugar or a shredded carrot to cut back on the acidity of the tomatoes or to add sweetness to the sauce.