Last winter I found this recipe and have cooked several times. The last time I made it, both boys gave it a thumbs up. I enjoy this recipe because the recipe makes a lot so it stretches a buck and it is made in the crockpot.
Pinto Beans and Ham
Stars of the recipe:
- bag of dried pinto beans
- 1/2 lb. of ham chopped
- small onion chopped
- Soak the pinto beans over night. Make sure you put them in a big bowl and cover them with water.
- In the morning, drain the beans. Get rid of any debris which could have gotten in the bag.
- Place the beans, ham, and onion in the crockpot.
- Put water in the crockpot so it’s over the beans, ham, and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve over rice or with cornbread.
I serve mine with Northern cornbread.
Week of November 1st – (I have parent teacher conferences on Monday and Wednesday so hubby has to cook. It needs to be easy meals that I know the boys will eat.)
- mini meatloaves, pasta roni, and veggie
- Skyline chili (in freezer) over spaghetti, veggie
- roast with root veggies, rolls
- hash made from the roast, veggie, Easy Rolls
- Chick Fil A (Friday) to support a fund raiser for a MOP’s mother – Her church is building an addition to her house.
Week of November 8
- primetime meatloaf (freezer), mashed potatoes, veggie, Easy Rolls (freezer)
- spaghetti carbonara, salad, garlic bread or cheddar bay rolls
- pinto beans and ham (freezer) and cornbread (freezer)
- pork chops with onions and peppers, buttermilk bicuits, veggies
- breakfast for dinner – pancakes, bacon, eggs
Week of November 15
- molasses chicken (freezer), easy mac and cheese, veggie, bread
- soup (TBA) and sandwiches
- spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
- ham (freezer), corn casserole or mashed potatoes, applesauce, peas
- chicken nuggets, French fries, raw veggies
Week of November 22 (Thanksgiving week)
- Taco soup (freezer), cheese quesidillas
- White Castle sliders, French fries, raw veggies
- Roast Kiebalsa dinner, veggies, rolls
- breakfast for dinner – Waffle House waffles, hash browns smothered, covered, and chunked
Week of November 29
- chili (freezer), cornbread
- grilled chicken, pasta or rice roni, veggie
- Swedish meatballs over egg noddles, veggies
- beef veggie soup, rolls
- sweet and sour chicken over rice, fortune cookies
This menu has been linked to This Mommy Cooks and Mommy’s Kitchen.