I saw this recipe on Rachael Ray’s talk show about a month ago. I knew it would be an instant hit for my family, so I put it on my October menu plan. Boy was I correct (as the Wee One would say); it was a hit with the whole family. You need to plan ahead because it takes an hour of cooking. Very little prep needs to be done besides cutting up the onions, kielbasa, potatoes, and apples. Since you are not doing a fine chop with any of those ingredients, it doesn’t take too much time.
Roasted Kielbasa Dinner
Stars of the Recipe:
- 2 pounds of red potatoes, halved or quartered depending on their size (Some of mine needed to be cut even smaller.)
- 4 large onions quartered (I used only 2 onions because the boys do not like onions.)
- 2 pounds of kielbasa into 2-inch pieces (I used turkey sausage instead.)
- 4 Gala or Honeycrisp apples cut into wedges
- Honey for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a large, shallow roasting pan, drizzle potatoes and onions with EVOO, salt, and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Drizzle the apples with honey, EVOO, salt, and pepper. Add kielbasa and apples to potatoes and onions in the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
I served our dinner with steamed green beans and Young’s Dairy Pumpkin Bread.