The Imaginative One’s birthday went great except for the Wee One not understanding that it was his brother’s special day. Here is a picture of his cake. He did all decorating on the cake except for the icing.
Last week, meals that the family enjoyed were the chicken ranch quesadillas, scrambled eggwiches, sloppy joes, and roasted chicken in the crockpot. I attempted to make the Cantonese sweet and sour chicken in the crockpot. However, I did not plug in the crockpot so we had to throw the contents away. I made Johnny Marzetti for dinner instead.
Johnny Marzetti (my grandma’s favorite recipe)
In one pot, cook a box of elbow macaroni. Follow the directions on the box.
While the macaroni is cooking, in another skillet or pot, cook up 1 pound of ground beef and chopped up onion. After the meat is done browning, drain the fat. Add a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce to the pan. Let the sauce warm up. After the macaroni is finished, combine the macaroni, hamburger, onion, and spaghetti sauce. This makes a lot of food.
My meals for the week:
cereal, mini-pan cakes
- Homemade pizza – Cheese for the Imaginative One and pepperoni for the rest of us
- Pretzel Chicken – Either from Cooking During Stolen Moments or Rachael Ray – French Fries (frozen or fresh), veggies
- Asian pork loin (the recipe calls for a pork roast – I have a pork loin in my freezer), mac ‘n’ cheese, mashed potatoes, or pasta roni, veggies – The recipe is from once a month cooking.
- Quick pork lo mein, egg drop soup, egg rolls, fortune cookies
- Left-over Johnny Marzetti
- left-overs or forge for yourself
- Dinner at in-laws (Sunday)
For other great menus, visit I’m an organizing junkie for Menu Planning Monday.