I found this recipe in Erin Chase’s $5 Dinner Cookbook and have been using it for the past year or so. Today I was making lasagna for dinner and decided to make the sauce for it.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 – 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes or 2 – 14.5 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. or to taste Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. beef granules
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring up to a rolling boil. (You don’t want a full boil because you don’t want spaghetti sauce everywhere.)
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Note: You may add 1 Tbsp. of white sugar or a shredded carrot to cut back on the acidity of the tomatoes or to add sweetness to the sauce.