This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies. Today I was looking at the Southern Plate’s blog and found a recipe for them. I decided I needed to try out the recipe. Oh, my goodness, they were delicious. I ended up putting them in the freezer so I don’t eat the whole entire batch. They were that good!!!!
- 1 c. softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. finely chopped, ground up pecans
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- Add flour and vanilla, mix well, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add nuts and mix until well incorporated.
- Shape into one inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for twenty minutes, but don’t let them brown.
- Cool cookies. When cooled, roll in powdered sugar.